Europe’s Largest Research & Innovation Programme
The Horizon 2020 SME programme has helped HPNow develop and bring to market their irrigation water treatment solution under Horizon 2020’s ‘Stimulating the innovation potential of SMEs for sustainable and competitive agriculture, forestry, agri-food and bio-based sectors’ area of interest.
A successful project outcome will substantially contribute to the following challenges:
- Safer and healthier food through reduction in the use of toxic chemical agents.
- Increased crop-yields, and reduced losses, through reliable and homogeneous irrigation, improved plant health.
- Improved resource efficiency through facilitation of use of efficient irrigation.
- Sustainable, more environmentally friendly agricultural and food industries.
- Reduced farm occupational hazards.
When Ripple Aquaplast signed up to HPNow technology, I don’t think we quite realised the interest in this unit would be so great. The patented idea of producing your own H2O2 to control and eliminate pathogens, algae and bioslime as well as oxygenating your crop clearly offers growers something which thy have been looking for.
The control of costs where the initial investment is then only followed by the cost of water and 240v electrical supply (bar the occasional unit service) offers a control on outgoings which is important as every businessman knows. The material produced is safe! Safety of employees is so paramount on today’s farms and the HPNow unit gives this security. And the use of H2O2 is well known with its only real downside is the degrading of the product over a relatively short period of time (2 to 3 weeks). But the HPNow unit eliminates this lifespan by allowing growers to produce exactly what they want to use so there is no storage requirement!
The HPNow team are making various visits to the UK in the coming months so get yourself booked in and learn more about this product with real potential.