Europe’s Largest Research & Innovation Programme
The Horizon 2020 SME programme has helped HPNow develop and bring to market their irrigation water treatment solution under Horizon 2020’s ‘Stimulating the innovation potential of SMEs for sustainable and competitive agriculture, forestry, agri-food and bio-based sectors’ area of interest.
A successful project outcome will substantially contribute to the following challenges:
- Safer and healthier food through reduction in the use of toxic chemical agents.
- Increased crop-yields, and reduced losses, through reliable and homogeneous irrigation, improved plant health.
- Improved resource efficiency through facilitation of use of efficient irrigation.
- Sustainable, more environmentally friendly agricultural and food industries.
- Reduced farm occupational hazards.