When designing a valve control system for an irrigation project one major concern can be the implementation and installation of a low voltage wired system. Distances are limited and underground cables are prone to physical and mechanical damage. Long trenches can be time consuming and costly to install.
The SRI RTU has been developed using the latest mobile phone technologies. This ensures proven communication between the main controller and the field SRI unit. If the communication route fails or is broken then a different route will be taken and a signal returned to the main controller.
The units work on a line of site communication link of up to 4km between each SRI but each SRI controller becomes a repeater which allows the network to work around intensely topographical challenges. The simple addition of repeaters allows communications through physical barriers such as tree lines or buildings.
The SRI units allow a large variety of infield sensors which can be located within each valve set. This may include moisture, EC, volume, temperature and humidity. Local radiation sensors can also be installed and directly influence the local valve sequences. This modular system provides reliable and consistent results which allow integration with the PLC – Spirit Pro Controller and Greenline HMI software
The SRI is a sophisticated field unit for operating of 1 to 12 DC latch solenoids on each unit. The SRI can read various sensors with digital and analogue inputs (4-20mA).
The SRI RF capability enables reliable, low energy, long distance communication with the main system controller by using state of the art Mesh communication. The SRI is powered from miniature integrated solar panel and rechargeable battery.
- Up to 12 latch 2 or 3 wires solenoid outputs for each unit
- Solenoid fault detection by unique solenoid analysis algorithm
- Up to 10 digital inputs 4 analog inputs for each unit
- Long battery life without solar charging & optional standards alkaline D size (for the small and medium SRI units)
- Sealed enclosure IP66
- Worldwide unlicensed ISM bands
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Long range transmitting distance
- Self-network registration
- Any RTU can function as repeater without any configuration or registration
- For increasing range and overcoming surface obstacles – economical radio repeaters are available.